Thursday, July 25, 2013

Weekend of Weddings

This past weekend I had the opportunity to work two separate weddings and receptions.

 Friday afternoon started out warm, with the Alabama humidity hitting up around 80%. I performed the ceremony for Adam and Whitney Martin at the Avondale Park in Birmingham, AL. It was a perfect ceremony with 2 ministers (one being her uncle, who was one of the classiest gentlemen I have ever met) and another friend of the family. I ran two separate wireless lapel mics and a single wireless handheld for the Father of the Bride, who after walking his daughter down the isle, made a tearful, emotional speech that would have made even the hardest most rugged man tear up. After the Ceremony we headed right down the block to Avondale Brewery where an open bar a decorative upstairs was awaiting the newly married couple. I started off the Reception with some introductions and toasts followed soon after. We started the party off right with some Micheal Jackson & Stevie Wonder. They crowd was digging the old school and partied hard to House of Pain and Tone-Loc.
All in All, we all had a great time and I was honored to be their DJ.Congrats to Adam & Whitney Franklin!!!

Saturday, I traveled down to Montgomery to perform at the beautiful Wynlakes Country Club For Jessica & Brian MIller's Reception. The Country Club was completely decked out with all the bells and whistles. I met up with Wedding Coordinator, Jackie Fronterio from Dana's Floral and Design. I was put up on a stage in the ballroom with the awesome windows of scenery behind me.
After the Ceremony, we had a cocktail hour and I took requests as grandparents and great-grandparents loved to hear some old jazz music. When the Bridal Party was ready to be announced, I brought them out HIGH ENERGY with some Black Eyed Peas....and it was party from there on out!

Next weekend I'll be at LincPoint Center in Homewood Djing another great couple's wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment